We welcome all campers based on the staffing skills that we have available. We will consider welcoming a child with greater needs based on the staffing that the parents agree to provide, and that St Mary's Camp agrees to accept. We cannot serve all populations, but with a framework of mutual disclosure, we can more effectively serve the needs of all our campers.
Special Needs Process
Last Updated on Sunday, 14 April 2013 15:00
Please begin the process at least one year in advance of the time you would like your child to attend camp.
We strongly encourage all campers with special needs to attend Family Camp in October (before their first year of camp) for the Special Needs Committee to assess their level of independence and need in the real-time camp environment.
- Contact the Special Needs Coordinator to begin the Special Needs Process.
- Bring your child to Family Camp at least a year in advance of the time they will attend Summer Camp.
- Review the Special Needs Tier and complete the Special Needs Information/Consideration Form.
- Submit the Special Needs Information/Consideration Form along with your child’s IEP/ITP and most recent Evaluation Summary Report to the Special Needs Coordinator.
- The Special Needs Committee meets to review Information/Consideration Form and make a recommendation about camp attendance.
- Parents AND child meet with Special Needs Committee and make a final determination about camp attendance.
There are some issues downloding the forms using a few versions of Internet Explorer. If you are registering a special needs camper or need to review the forms and are having issues, please emil: Camp Registration and we will be happy to email them to you..
Check the Special Needs folder in the Downloads area for files related to the Special Needs Process.